I would buy all of my friends one, and we’d have a REAL robot war…
I wonder when they will start using those in modern wars….. This reminds of many games and animes and the result of those were devasting. If those get as agile as a humans, god knows what can happen.
Btw anyone know how to write the word kazu with hiragana, it should mean numbers in japanese, I tried to look att the hiragana and katakana chart but I didnt find the sound for zu, am maybe mistaken zu for su?
I can’t believe this tmsuk company is still on its feet – after producing a “guard robot” (the Banryu), they’re trying to get into large-scale rescue?
I saw the TV announcement that said they’d spent some *millions* of dollars developing the robot (ni oku en, I think?) and yet when it was rolled out for display in KitaKyushu last week they couldn’t even get it to pick up a 4×4.
I think makers like Sony have the right idea – use robots for publicity and for tasks that are easily programmable. This thing’s no different from a dump truck, and yet needs a *lot* more finesse. I hope they’ll start developing some kind of piloting software if they want the robot to be at all functional.
To Zehgernan: Oddly enough, “as agile as humans” is the goal for the annual Robocup robot contest held here in Fukuoka. They’re hoping to be able to build robots that can compete with human soccer players, and expect to excel against human opponents by 2050, I think. There’s a robotics center in Riverain (a local shopping mall) that has lots of information about it, as well as displays of the Asimo and Banryu as well as the popular Aibo. < http://www.robosquare.org/>
“kazu” does mean “numbers”, the ‘zu’ is made up of the ‘su’ character with two dots. In general, the dots make hard consonants softer; a ‘t’ sound becomes ‘d’, ‘k’ becomes ‘g’, ‘s’ becomes ‘z’ and so on.
For us lazy clods who can’t read Japanese, the babelfish tranlation of the pages is pretty entertaining:
1) As for control of the upper body and the like which possesses 2 these arms, in order to be able to put out real power, adopting hydraulic drive.
2) Being dangerous, way it can execute the necessary job of power, total height approximately 3.45 meters and full approximately 2.4 meters (left and right arm full opening long approximately 10 meters), the worldwide biggest robot of the weight approximately 5 tons.
3) With the joint of the head camera section 2 place, the chamber body 1 place, the arm part 7 place and the hand 1 place, it can operate the same as the arm of the human.
4) According to circumstance selective possible worldwide first riding operation + remote manipulation dual-purpose function.
5) The head, loading 7 the camera of total onto front and back left and right of the arm and the chamber body. It can monitor from the cockpit, or the remote handling equipment.
6) Because there is no boom in the driver’s seat front, range of vision to be wide, operating efficiency immediately before is satisfactory.
7) Until, power source of each work department such as control and travelling section of the upper body loads the Diesel engine, because also generation of electricity does, there is no fuel, work possibility.
8) The all-weather characteristics whose job with the outside is possible.
Fire, earthquake and, being the kind of danger area which it compares the secondary disaster due to that begin, in the various disaster actual places which, the human cannot get near that, actualization of the robot which can do rescue activity by power of several times of the human.
Still, as for the “T-52 support dragon” because of experimental model stage, in order to work actually, there is a development revised point such as durability heat resistance and improvement etc. of work ability, but in the future the possibility of leaping the developmental characteristic of the rescue activity in disaster actual place by the fact that the cooperation play and the like by the plural machines is done is concealed.
“From the T-52 support dragon future of disaster and saving a life changes”, that saying, never, is not overstatement, probably will be.
Thanks for the help rick, but I recently found an extended hiragana chart wich helped me alot, do you know anything about that, or have I had a uncomplete chart the whole time? Missing 5 lines of kana… or something.
Finnally understand how it works Thanks again, forget about that extended chart…
ZU is SU with chon-chon, those two small lines at the top right corner of the character
Everything here is © me except those things which are not.Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum