This REALLY EFFING pisses me off. The census is pretty clearly designed to further someone's personal agenda and not to actually gather data. See below.
- Why are Latinos separated out as a race?
- Why are Latinos merged with White in question 9?
- Why are there only 14 races listed when there are clearly many more
- What makes those 14 races special?
- Why are all European and Eastern Asian races grouped into White but certain Asian races are separated? I know some Asians will say because they hate each other or at have history with each other but if that's the argument maybe you should consider the history of white races attacking, destroying and ruling each other.
It seems to me the only *correct* way to do this would be just have 10 blank lines as in
Computers can figure out mis−spellings if they are even statistically significant. That census would actually give useful data. The real census above does not. It's been designed purposely to get the result someone wants to further their political agenda, not to find out the true make up of the population. That really pisses me off.
I don't know how to get this changed. Of course it's too late for 2010 unless there is some kind of class action lawsuit but we need to get this shit fixed. Either that or drop the damn race questions altogether. 😞